We have some new faces this year and (as always) new things to say at The Boswellians Blog and around Boswell Book Company, so stay tuned. We're kicking off with a reboot of Introducing Your Boswellians introducing you to our January featured bookseller. Without further ado:
1. What do you love about working at Boswell Book Company?
Working for Boswell is everything a former Barnes & Noble bookslave could hope for. I love the sense of community Boswell has created here. I enjoy meeting all sorts of people involved in the book world. Everyone has been so welcoming. I even got to meet Simon Winchester! WOW!
2. What’s your absolute most favorite of all the things in Boswell right now?
That Patrick Ness will be here this month!! Or do you mean something I can take home with me? Well then that would be the greeting cards! I'm always buying cards. You never know when you'll need one in a pinch.
3. What’s your absolute most favorite of all the books ever?
Shadow of the Wind and Lonesome Dove. ( Did you really think a bookseller could pick just one??)
4. What’s on your staff rec shelf?
Glad you asked! My rec shelf will be going through some changes once the books I want to add are released. In the meantime I have Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry, Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan, Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, Y the Last Man, Book One by Brian K. Vaughan, Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith, and The Idiot Girl's Action-Adventure Club by Laurie Notaro.
5. For which writer—living or dead—would you take a bullet?
A bullet? Well this is probably gonna be sappy but it would have to be my partner. She writes the best lunch notes for me! Oh and probably Neil Gaiman...if I'm wearing a bullet proof vest?
6. With which fictional character can you most relate and why?
She's not fictional, but I totally relate to Laurie Notaro in her book The Idiot Girl's Action-Adventure Club. She's clumsy and always finding herself in awkward situations just like me!
7. Someone wrote your biography – what is the title?
Jen Steele is MORE than a superhero name!
8. If you were a super hero/ine, what would be your name and what’s your power?
Red Ale Woman. Fighting Beer Barons and their bad Beer. Pissy yellow beer is thy enemy!
9. Which band or artist would you drop everything to party with?
Rolling Stones! Do they still party?...can they still party?
10. What’s your spirit animal?
11. Forget “you are what you eat.” We’re talking dranks—what beverage are you?
I'm probably lemonade. Don't know why, just feeling it right now.
12. Now we’re talking…dreams. What’s yours?
I want to spend two weeks hiking and photographing Milford Sound and the Fiordlands in New Zealand!