Thursday, April 24, 2014

Snicker of Magic is Spindiddly!



Both Jen and Hannah have read the new middle-grade novel, Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd and decided it was high time to have a blogversation about it.  

First, here's Hannah's review, so you have some context:
Felicity Pickle sees words and collects them in a blue notebook.  Her family just moved to Midnight Gulch, a town that has a history with magic.  As she gets to know people in town, Felicity realizes her family might have something to do with the disappearance of that magic. Can she figure out the mystery before her mom decides it's time to move again?  This is a tremendous, spindiddly, fabulous tale of friendship and family for fans of Three Times Lucky.

J: Hey, Hannah, I'm in the mood for some Stoneberry ice cream, you know the kind in Snicker of Magic that helps you remember the past.  How about you?
H: Well, I'm not sure I'm ready to have memories wash over me.
J: But there are good memories!
H: But do you get to choose?
J: If you try really hard.  Otherwise how about some Virgil's Get Out of My Face Fudge Ripple?!
H: That sounds delicious, just like this book.  What do you think about the character whose goal is to make everyone a little bit happier?  
J: You mean... The Beedle!!  
H: Yeah, would you ever take on that responsibility?  You strike me as Beedle-ish!
J: Yes, I would, if I could wear a cape.
H: Jen, the whole point of The Beedle is that no-one knows who The Beedle actually is.  Wearing a cape would give it away.
J: True, I guess I'll just have to wear my cape every day then.  You know the the little bird tattoo in the book, I think that's going to be the next hot literary tattoo.  It's hidden on the physical book!
H: I think you're right, especially because it stands for courage.
J: So who's your favorite character?
H: Hmmm, that's a hard one.  I think I like Aunt Cleo the best.
J: Me too!!  
H: We can't have the same favorite character!  
J: Fine, then the town is my favorite character.  Although, I do think it's good that we both like the sassy character.
H: Touche.  Good choice with Midnight Gulch.  I was just talking to two former children's booksellers who have both read Snicker of Magic, and they said they'd love to visit Midnight Gulch.
J: I would visit there after going to Hogwarts!
H: I would visit both those places and Tupelo Landing.
J: Send me a postcard!

Read the book, trust us, you'll want to visit Midnight Gulch too!
J&H

No comments:

Post a Comment