|The Bloggess Jenny Lawson's book, Let's Pretend this Never Happened, is BYUCKing Boswellian Carly UP!!|
- Saturday, April 11th, 2 PM at Boswell: Spirited Verbal Wordplay with Lizzie Skurnick, author of That Should Be a Word: A Language Lover's Guide to Choregasms, Povertunity, Brattling, and 250 Other Much-Needed Terms for the Modern World
Lizzie Skurnick is an author, columnist, blogger, and the founder and editor of Lizzie Skurnick Books, a publishing imprint that brings back stunning editions of 20th century young adult and teen classics. For this special event, she will lead the audience in a unique verbal wordplay game in the spirit of That Should Be a Word, her trenchantly witty compendium of indispensable new words derived from the popular New York Times Magazine feature of the same name. With 244 of Skurnick's wittiest wordplays arranged in ingenious diagrams detailing their interrelationships, That Should Be a Word features words that cover issues from the profound financial anxiety of a post-recession society ("bangst") to the hyper-vain celebrity circle that abstains from anything of import ("celebracy"), delving into all the most humorous--and maddening--aspects of life in the 21st century.
|No need to PRE-ARDOR: That Should Be a Word and Between You & Me are on Boswell's shelves right now!!|
|Fifty shades of "What Did You Say?!" à la BINDAGE.|
- A word for dropping food on your book
- A word for when someone insists that you read a book
- A word for when you feel like the characters of the book are members of your family
- A word for books that ALWAYS bring you to tears
- "A word for the smell of a new book" (#1 from BuzzFeed)
- "A word for the smell of an old book" (#2 from BuzzFeed)
- "A word for not remembering whether something in a book happened to you...or you read it in a book" (#10 from BuzzFeed)
- "A word for the totally unnecessary annoyed feeling you get when seeing a book you love reissued with a movie poster on it's cover" (#11 from BuzzFeed)
- "A word for feeling such close kinship with an author that you feel they're writing just for you" (#14 from BuzzFeed)
|Dear Lizzie: Boswellian Mel is picking up what you're putting down here at Jezebel: she and Elizabeth George Speare's The Witch of Blackbird Pond are totally * SCROLLMATES.|
* For this one, Lizzie also thinks KINDREAD would work just fine!